Prior to joining Artefactual, I developed and implemented digital preservation programs as Digital Preservation Librarian at Concordia University and Digital Archivist at the Canadian Centre for Architecture. I am a recipient of a 2019 NDSA Individual Innovation Award and was a 2018 Summer Fellow at the Library Innovation Lab at Harvard University.
Some of my interests and areas of expertise include:
- Digital architecture and design records
- Management of sensitive information in digital archives
- Environmental sustainability of digital preservation
- Digital preservation and curation workflows
- Digital forensics
- Digital preservation repository system planning and design
Interviews, mentions of my work, and examples of my software in use include:
- “Spotlight: Interview with Tessa Walsh, Artefactual”, bloggERS!: The Blog of SAA’s Electronic Records Section, 26 May 2020.
- “What’s Your Set-up? Born-Digital Processing at NC State University Libraries”, Brian Dietz, bloggERS!: The Blog of SAA’s Electronic Records Section, 17 March 2020.
- “Concordia librarian wins an international award for his innovations in digital stewardship and preservation”, Ashley Fortier and Leslie Goldstein, Concordia University News, 30 October 2019.
- “SCOPE: A digital archives access interface”, Kelly Stewart and Stefana Breitwieser, Code4Lib Journal, Issue 43, 14 February 2019.
- “Improving Workflows at UNC Libraries’ Wilson Special Collections Library”, Erica Titkemeyer and Jessica Venlet, bloggERS!: The Blog of SAA’s Electronic Records Section, 16 October 2018.
- “GVSU Scripted IR Curation in the Cloud”, Matt Schultz and Kyle Felker, bloggERS!: The Blog of SAA’s Electronic Records Section, 11 September 2018.
- “Adapting the Disk Imaging Workflow”, Lance Thomas Stuchell, Bits and Pieces: Digital Preservation and Research Data (University of Michigan Library blog), 29 May 2018.
- “Expertmeeting: Archiving Digital Architectural Heritage”, Lotte Haagsma, Het Nieuwe Instituut, April 2018.
- “Designing the Future Landscape: Digital Architecture, Design & Engineering Assets”, Aliza Leventhal, Library of Congress report, 12 March 2018.
- “The Quest for a Universal Translator for Old, Obsolete Computer Files”, Jessica Leigh Hester, Atlas Obscura, 8 March 2018.
- “Review: Archaeology of the Digital: Complexity and Convention”, Matthew Allen, Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians, Vol. 76, No. 2, June 2017.